Maximizing HITS Wins the Game
Tuesday, March 5 | | 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Las Vegas Convention Center, North Hall, Room N259
Safety Management Track
This course will cover the characteristics of an effective hazard identification and tracking system (HITS) and motivate participants involved in a safety management system to utilize the resource for the greatest benefit to their organization.
- Recognize the importance of reporting safety hazards observed on or off the job
- Understand the scope of the hazard reporting system, both within and outside of the organization
- Understand the expected follow-up action on submitted safety reports
- Appreciate the concept of the “just culture” and encouraging submission of safety reports
- Apply the techniques of root cause analysis.
Joining Baldwin Aviation in November 2012, Sunshine McCarthy is an accomplished training facilitator and speaker, and has broad international business experience working with the aviation industry. She has considerable expertise in aviation safety, organizational management, training, and staff development. Sunshine held leadership roles at ServiceElements International, a business aviation organizational development company, and MedAire, Inc., a service provider to the aviation industry. She also held a number of positions with US Airways, including training specialist and manager of cabin safety, the latter of which gave her all responsibility for safety issues related to the aircraft cabin environment. She has also worked as a community development volunteer with the U.S. Peace Corps in Cape Verde, Africa. Sunshine holds a certificate in aviation safety from the University of Southern California, a bachelors of science in human resources from Geneva College, and a master of arts in education from Prescott College.