Shreveport, La. - Metro Aviation, Inc. is pleased to announce that Terry Palmer has joined the company as the new Director of Training. Ms. Palmer brings more than 20 years of experience in developing and marketing new training and technology products for aviation. She has demonstrated her success in the training arena for several years, and some of her many industry recognitions include:
* 2010 HAI (Helicopter Association International) Salute to Excellence Awards, recipient of the AgustaWestland Safety Award
* IHST (International Helicopter Safety Team) Chairperson for the Training Work Group, SMS member
* HAI member of the Safety and Flight Training Committees
* CAMTS (Commission on Accreditation of Medical Transport Services) Executive Board member
* FAA recipient of 2 Outstanding Safety Program Awards, Friend of the FAA Award
* ALEA (Airborne Law Enforcement Association) recipient of 4 Educational Service Awards
* AAMS (Association of Air Medical Services) recipient of the President's Award
* NTSB HEMS Hearing, testified on the need for training standards and high-tech simulation
* Certificated Commercial Pilot and Instructor
Terry will oversee all training activities for Metro's nearly 250 fixed- and rotary-wing pilots, 250 maintenance technicians and other associated support personnel. Metro Aviation has also announced a new state-of-the-art Training Facility, set to open in November 2012, at the company headquarters in Shreveport, Louisiana. The comprehensive new facility will boast nearly 12,000 square feet of dedicated training space complete with flight training devices, offices, and classrooms to better equip and serve its growing staff and operations.
"Training is not only about education; training is about purpose and standardization," commented Milton Geltz, Metro's Managing Director. "Terry has been tasked not only with enhancing and expanding the company-wide training," (which currently exceeds industry and FAA standards through its commitment to full-motion simulator training for all pilots in cooperation with FlightSafety), "...but she will also take us into the future with proactive training solutions, company-wide, which will include medical crew training initiatives."
About Metro Aviation, Incorporated
Metro Aviation, Inc., based in Shreveport, Louisiana, United States is a worldwide provider of completion services for all missions and types of helicopters and specializes in the EC135 and EC145 with several Supplemental Type Certificates (STC) developed by the company for these and other aircraft. Metro is an FAA approved repair station, approved Eurocopter Service Center and FAR Part 135 air medical operations provider at several locations across the United States. The company is privately held and is one of the largest traditional air medical providers in the country.