The HAI Noise Abatement Training Program will:
| || |
Sponsored by the HAI Manufactures Committee and assisted by HAI Acoustics & Fly Neighborly Committees
- Recognize the impact operations have on noise.
- Understand the dangers of not addressing noise concerns
- Recognize the main noise generators on a helicopter
- Recognize which noise sources dominate each helicopter flight regime
- Recognize the effect that distance has on sound
- State the effect of temperature, humidity, and wind on sound
- Recognize the impact of terrain on sound
- Recognize the steps manufactures have taken to reduce helicopter noise
- Recognize new design features being examined for future noise reduction
- Recognize the need for noise abatement
- Recognize how pilot attitude factors into noise abatement
- Relate general guidelines for reducing helicopter noise
- Recognize the role of associations in establishing and enforcing noise abatement procedures
DOWNLOAD HERE (Version 2 - November 8, 2006 - 55mb)
Instructions - Download the file and unzip. Run the setup.exe to install.
NOISE ABATEMENT PROCEDURES.